Thursday 20 December 2012


I loved this modern thriller! In the book, Beatrice is very determined to find her missing sister Tess. Her story charts her journey and describes vividly her feelings and heart-breaking moments.

Beatrice gets to know about her sister's life and finds out some very surprising things about her.  It seems she didn't know her at all. She is very  surprised by how little she knew.  Who was this stranger that she thought she knew so well? 

 Walking in her sisters shoes and almost becoming part of her life, Beatrice's own life changes in ways she couldn't imagine. I cried during parts of this book. The very stuffy Beatrice soon becomes a modern Ms Marple and she evolves so rapidly throughout the story. Is she herself finding that in the search for her sister she is actually finding herself too? What Beatrice thought she knew about her life dramatically changes, taking on new form. This is as much as a surprise to Beatrice as it is to those who know her.

This book is a definite page turner with an unexpected twist at the end! The story is very cleverly written and I love Rosamund Luptons writing style as the story is retold through a series of letters and Beatrice recounting the story to a lawyer. All through the book, every time we are introduced to a character I kept thinking 'oh is he involved', or 'I think she had something to do with it'. I kept changing my mind with every page. Drove me nuts but in a good way. Loved it! Would highly recommend it!
 


3 Responses so far.

  1. Fab review! Thanks for sharing. :) xx

  2. Janice says:

    Thanks for this review. I have seen this book and wondered about it. Now I know I'd enjoy it I might give it a try.

    Happy Christmas!

    Janice xx

  3. Deedee says:

    You won't be disappointed! Its a great book! Happy xmas. x

- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign