Tuesday 9 December 2014


Darkwood by Rosemary Smith
Release Date: 21st October 2014
Publisher: Endeavour Press
Genres: Historical Fiction

Brook Cottage Books is thrilled to have Rosemary Smith on the blog to tell us a little bit about herself and her new book Darkwood. Just look at the amazing cover!

About Rosemary Smith

I was born in London in 1946. Our stepfather moved us to Devon in 1959. Have been here since, and always think of Devon as home. While at school I always loved English Literature, and writing essays.

When I was younger, I did write a lot of poetry, some poems were published. But never expected in later life to be writing Victorian Romantic Suspense novellas! It was when I had a brain tumour removed in 1998, and my neuro surgeon advised me to keep my brain active, that I started writing tales set in Victorian times. First for DC Thomson, and the past few months Endeavour Press have put all my stories on kindle on Amazon. If I am allowed to have a favourite, it is Darkwood .

I do a lot of research for my books. And I remember my sister Ruth, taking me to Dartmoor to do my research for Darkwood . we visited Brentnor Church, which became Culmoor Church in my story. Also Wistmans Wood, which gave me my inspiration for the wood in this story.
I do have a lively imagination, and am an incurable romantic!

Apart from my writing, I am a huge fan of Elvis Presley. Love reading, films and opera. I collect bookmarks, and now have quite a collection of them. I live with my husband in a lovely little village in Devon, where Sir Walter Raleigh was born. We have a beautiful black Labrador/retriever named Alfie. Between us we have 3 daughters (one sadly deceased) , 8 grandchildren, and 2 great grandsons.
Although I can't go out alone, I have a wonderful life, with great family and friends. I'm also a member of the Romantic Novelists Association, and hope very much to attend their Summer Party next year. If anyone reads my books, I hope you will enjoy. This, is the reason I write, for people to enjoy ......

DARKWOOD

In Spring 1865, Silvia Harvey travels to Dartmoor to enter into an arranged marriage with her cousin Gareth.
Arriving at Darkwood , Silvia finds Gareth inattentive! Is he really captivated by the lovely Estelle Benedict?!
And what of her cousin Jared?
While the ghost of Samuel Hunter still rules Darkwood , Silvia ponders the fate of her beloved Grandmother Lizzie, as she strives to lay bare the secrets of Darkwood , and the beautiful bluebell wood ........

This story was originally published in large print as The Bluebell Wood. And for people with poor eyesight, can be borrowed from large print sections of libraries across the UK ........



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23443076-darkwood?from_search=true

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Darkwood-Rosemary-Smith-ebook/dp/B00OS768KW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417940372&sr=8-1&keywords=darkwood http://www.amazon.com/Darkwood-Rosemary-Smith-ebook/dp/B00OS768KW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1417940424&sr=8-4&keywords=darkwood        


One Response so far.

  1. A talented author and a lovely person.

- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign