Wednesday 17 January 2018


Betrayal by Lesley Field
Release Date: 27th February 2018
Publisher: Crooked Cat Books
Genres:  Contemporary Romance

Today I am thrilled to introduce author Lesley Field to the blog with a super interview. If you want to find out more about Lesley and her writing you can listen to her being interviewed on Radio York on the 18th January at approximately 1.40pm. Be sure to tune in! Here's the link to the radio station -
BBC - Radio York - Home


Now, lets get on with our interview!


Do you write under your real name or is this a pen name you use?

I don’t write under my real name but write under the pseudonym of Lesley Field

Where are you from?

I live in a village on the North Yorkshire Coast. 

List 3 interesting facts about yourself. 

I have a really wicked sense of humour
I love a skinny latte
My favourite country is Canada, which is the setting for my contemporary books.
 
What was the first thing you ever had published?

The first novel I had published was an historical romance, “Dangerous Entrapment.”  It was published in August 2015, and was shortlisted for Historical Novel of the Year 2016 by the Romantic Novelists Association.

Do you have a writing routine?

I try to write most afternoons, and sometimes manage an hour in the evening.

Do you have any writing rituals? 

The only ritual I have is to get set up. I write at the dining table, so it’s a case of setting up the laptop and, if it’s winter, making sure that I have a nice fleece to throw over my knees if it’s really cold.  I also have a note book to hand, relevant to the novel I am working on, which will contain all of the information on the characters and notes on the plot line. I also keep a check on the Chapters as I’m writing. 

Where did the idea for your most recent book come from?

My most recent book is “Betrayal,” which is due for release on 27th February 2018. It’s set in a fictional town outside Calgary, Alberta, Canada.  The idea simply came out of my head.  My mum always said that I had a vivid imagination, and I guess she was right. I did, in my former life work in the law, so putting my heroine in the same occupation clearly came from there. Setting it in Canada was easy as it’s the home of my heart. 

Who was the first person you shared your book with?

I don’t really share my book with anyone before it goes for submission. I may mention a few things to my husband, but he never knows what the book is really about until he downloads it after release. 

Do you have a current work in progress?

At the moment I am working on a series of historical novels. The series will be called, Lords in Love. I have books 1 and 2 completed and am working on book 3 at the moment. There is a 4th book in the series that is still in my head.

Do you have any advice for budding authors?

Never give up.  Take rejection with a smile (or a grimace if you want). Never think that because you have one book published you have made it.  It’s a tough life being an author, but keep writing and keep submitting.  Above all, keep reading.  It could be one little mention in a book you are reading that gives you an idea for a new novel. But, never, ever, copy anyone else’s work.

BOOK BLURB


“Betrayal.”
If Jessica had known that her life was about to be shattered she would never have returned home early. Betrayed in the cruellest of ways, and disillusioned with her legal profession, she abandons the life she thought she had. 
Staying with her cousin in another city, circumstances force Jessica into a hotel for a few nights. There, she meets Grey, and she abandons her inhibitions in a one night stand – a night of passion where she discovers a connection between them that can’t be denied. But she leaves before he wakes, knowing she will never see him again. 
Settled into a new job, in a new town, the one person she thought never to see again comes back into her life, and offers her a new start, but a discovery threatens to destroy any future happiness. 
Has she been betrayed again? Can she trust again? And what will she do when the one person she wants is in danger...

Amazon – “Betrayal,” e-book and print. Available for pre-order.


 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/37880139-betrayal---a-contemporary-romance?from_search=true

 
ABOUT LESLEY FIELD

Lesley Field grew up on Teesside. She enjoyed riding and reading and later spent most of her working life pursuing legal cases. When retirement came she kicked off the restraints of the law and discovered her real self.

Lesley is a member of the Romantic Novelists Association (RNA) coming into the RNA under the New Writers Scheme. She is also a member of ROMNA.
She writes contemporary fiction which is set in Canada, and historical fiction set in Regency period in London. Her first historical novel, “Dangerous Entrapment,” (book 1 in the Duchess in Danger series) was published in August 2015, and was shortlisted for the Romantic Novelists Association's Historical Novel of the Year 2016. Following from, “Dangerous Entrapment,” book 2 in the series, “Dangerous Deception,” was published in November 2016. The next two books in the Duchess in Danger Series, "Dangerous Desire," and "Dangerous Encounter," are due for publication in 2018.
Lesley’s next novel, which is a contemporary romance, called “Betrayal,” will be released on 27th February 2018.

Next for publication will be the Saunders series, a trilogy of contemporary novels set in Canada. The first in the series is “Saunders-Lies and Deception,” followed by, “Saunders-Endings and Beginnings,” and finally, “Saunders-Sisters and Lovers.”
 Happily living on the North Yorkshire coast with her husband she spends her days enjoying life and writing.

Website – www.lesleyfield.com

Facebook – Lesley Field (public page) can be linked direct from website https://www.facebook.com/lesley.field.79

Facebook - Lesley Field Author page - https://www.facebook.com/lesleyfield2author/?pnref=lhc
 




- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign