Saturday 27 April 2013




Brook Cottage books is honoured to have Lindsay Hill from Bookboodle as the Reviewer in the Spotlight. Lets find out a little more about the lovely Lindsay, who agreed to sit in the lovely comfy interrogation interview chair!
JB: Tell me a little about your blog
Lindsay: Bookboodle is a book review blog. I don’t review one particular genre; I’m open to most types but my favourites are legal thrillers. I haven’t yet ventured into the giveaways and interviews as being fairly new to this I feel like I’m finding my feet but this will be on my plan for 2013.
JB: How did you come up with the name for your blog?
Lindsay: It actually came from a name generator website. Basically you put in your topic area and off it goes, creating lists and lists of different names. But then, I had to pick just one!
JB: What sort of books do you like to read?
Lindsay: My all time favourites are legal thrillers, primarily John Grisham. However, since joining a book club in March 2011 I’ve been exposed to so many more genres that I would never have thought I’d read. I am a bit of a sucker for a good romance novel as well.
JB: Why did you decide to blog?
Lindsay: It was actually suggested to me by a friend as a way to make some pocket money through adverts and affiliate websites etc and was something I’d never even thought about. I had no idea that there were so many book blogs out there and have learnt so much through this experience. I think you’d have to be mega popular to make any money from this but I’ve always read a lot anyway so once I got started, adding the reviews and connecting with other bloggers I was hooked and now it’s all about the reading, the reviews, the online community and I love it.
JB: How long have you been blogging?
Lindsay: I’m quite new to blogging really, only been at it since the end of October 2012 but have really enjoyed the experience so far.
JB: Do you have any other blogs?
Lindsay: No, just Bookboodle. Honestly, I don’t think I’d have the time.
JB: Do you have an all-time favourite book?
Lindsay: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I first read this for an English project for my GCSE’s at the age of 15. I don’t tend to read books more than once but I’ve read this several times, seen the movie and a stage play.
JB: What was your favourite book of 2012?
Lindsay: Oooh that’s a tricky one! Can I only pick one? Between Memoirs of a Geisha, Me Before You or Before I Go To Sleep were all highlights.
 JB: How many books are on your TBR pile for 2013?
Lindsay: So far there are 22, but I usually add 2 or 3 easily a month (sometimes a week depending on finances!)
JB: Which book on your TBR pile are you most looking forward to reading?
Lindsay: Probably Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. This is way out of my comfort zone and quite a hefty sized book. A few people have said to me that it’s really hard going. I like a challenge!
JB: What book surprised you the most? (in other words what book did you read that was not your usual genre and you found yourself enjoying?)
Lindsay: That would probably be A Gathering Storm by Rachel Hore. I was given it as a Christmas present so felt obligated to read it but thoroughly enjoyed it.
JB: Do you have a favourite author?
Lindsay: John Grisham – pretty much read everything he’s written
JB:Give 3 book recommendations for the readers of Brook Cottage Books.
Lindsay:
1)      The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
I read this over the Easter weekend and was blown away by it. By far one of the best books I’ve ever read.
2)      A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
This was very different to anything I’ve ever read before and maybe will be for your readers. However, it’s an amazing read and everyone should read it.
3)      Me Before You by JoJo Moyes
Not your usual boy meets girl kind of romance novel as it has a deeper ethical issue at its heart.
 
Thank you to Lindsay once again for visiting Brook Cottage Books! You can check out her blog at www.bookboodle.co.uk
You can also follow her on twitter
 
 

One Response so far.

  1. Nikki says:

    Great post Jonty and great to meet Lindsay too :)

- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign