Wednesday 1 May 2013

 
Brook Cottage Books is thrilled to have Richard F Holmes as our very interesting Author in The Spotlight! I'll let Richard tell you a little about himself..................


 
 
I was born in London in 1955 and have lived a very topsy turvey life. I left school at 15 with no qualifications, and had I not left voluntarily, I would have been asked to leave. I always felt that I didn't fit in anywhere, and as a result, by the time I reached the age of 17 I'd had 24 jobs. I joined the army in 1976 hoping that it would give me a purpose in life but instead I became even more disillusioned and turned to alcohol. I hated the army because I found it to be such a hypocritical organisation and as soon as I was eligible I bought myself out.
 

Whilst in the military however, I did enjoy my experiences in Germany and in 1980 went back there to work, staying for six years. My heavy drinking continued during my time in Germany and by the time I returned to the UK in 1986 I was heading down into a deep depression. I managed to haul myself out of it in the mid-to-late 1990's but my life hit an all-time low in 2000.

In early 2001 I found my spiritual pathway and started to turn my life around. I now live in Gloucestershire in the UK and I'm a successful medium and healer. I'm also the author of eight spiritual publications and have produced five meditation and two chanting CDs. I'm a workshop facilitator in various spiritual topics and I also give profound interpretations of dreams.

There are plans in 2013 for another two CDs and another two books
Richard has quite a few books in circulation. Lets find out about one of them, Fragments of Divinity, from Richard himself.........

This is the first book in the Fragments Of Divinity series, and like all my other books, is for anyone and everyone from age very young to very old who is searching for a deeper spiritual understanding.  The book itself is written in the style of a blog; the idea to create it in this way came from the works of Paramahansa Yogananda.  
Yogananda was the first Indian yogi to take up residence in the West and he was the founder of The Self Realisation Fellowship in the US.  He departed this Earth in 1952, but left an amazing legacy of profound spiritual insights totalling over 1,700 pages.  In order to keep their guru’s work alive the fellowship released it in a series of smaller volumes.  Having purchased a number of these truncated works myself I noted how helpful it was to have potentially very complicated texts condensed down into small volumes.  One such book is only 28 pages long and can fit neatly into a breast pocket.  So, having read a number of these smaller volumes I came up with the idea for the Fragments Of Divinity series.  In keeping with my previous work I have written Fragments in a very reader friendly and easy-to-understand way; some of the first spiritual books I read when I was first discovering my own spiritual pathway were written in such a way that when I got to the end I still didn’t have a clue.  
As I tend to write about my own actual experiences my books are self-researching, which is a bonus, because it tends to reduce the writing time as well.  Once I finished procrastinating and actually started the project, the book was finished very quickly and I decided on the name Fragments Of Divinity because of the blog style nature, in other words, because it is essentially a series of short spiritual articles.   
Anyone who is searching for a deeper meaning to life or who is looking for answers to those seemingly unanswerable questions that tend to nag away at us will find Fragments Of Divinity a very interesting and thought provoking read.
Thanks so much to Richard for providing us with such an interesting feature today.



 
Twitter  


 

 


4 Responses so far.

  1. richard holmes says:

    Thanks for hosting me Jonty, it's a pleasure to feature on your wonderful blog!

  2. Thanks for this - Richard, it is good to learn a few background details of you and your life!!

  3. Very interesting, and so very nice to hear of someone turning their life around : )

  4. Deedee says:

    Thanks for visiting Brook Cottage Richard. Great to have you! x

- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign