Friday 12 June 2015

Better Than Revenge by Taylor Henderson 

Series: Sweet Secrets Series #1
Release Date:9th June 2015
Publisher: Limitless Publishing

The lovely Taylor Henderson is visiting the blog yet again for the second time this week to chat about her writing and her book

Book Blurb



Ever since Violet Forrester first moved next door to Brianna, she has been tortured relentlessly…
It seems like Brianna has everything, and yet she still doesn't have the one thing she really wants; the one thing that Violet cares about the most—Blake Edwards.
After years of letting Brianna walk all over her, Violet’s finally had enough. She’s tired of sitting back and watching Brianna flirt with her boyfriend, steal her friends, and push her around. She’s finally ready to stand up for herself.

To do this, Violet and her new friend, Lena, devise a plan to make Brianna realize that not everything is hers for the taking, and Violet knows the perfect way to do it…
After all, nothing is better than revenge.
That is, until someone gets hurt.

Author bio

 
Taylor Henderson is a twenty-year-old college student that was born and raised in Northern Virginia. She has been an adamant reader and writer since she was young, and has always found solace in the worlds and characters that other authors have brought to life in their works. Taylor is currently working on the sequel to Better Than Revenge, as well as other co-written stories.

Author Interview 

Do you write under your real name or is this a pen name you use?

I write under my real name, which is unfortunate because when you search Taylor Henderson a lot of media comes up on an Australian male singer with the same name.

Where are you from?

I was born and raised in Northern Virginia. 

Did you write as a child?

Heck yeah. I spent a lot of my time writing short stories on my grandmother’s computer. I remember one particular story about a dragon that I wrote as a fairy-tale. I wish I had access to all of my young stories, but I don’t. The only two that I still have are very cute. One is about a military family, and the other is about me living in the future. Thankfully my spelling has gotten better since then.

What was the first thing you ever had published?

No, this is not the first story. I have two others that were published this year that were co-written, but this is my first solo book that has published.

Do you have a writing routine?

I started this book at sixteen and completed it at eighteen. I use to write sporadically, but lately my routine is to try and complete a chapter of a story each day. As long as I have done that, then I feel like the day was successful.

Do you have any writing rituals?

Before I write every book, I make a plan for each chapter so that I know where the book is going to go.  I do this in my solo works, and also with my writing partner in our co-written books. I also try to write something everyday just to keep the creative juices flowing. 

Do you have a current work in progress?

Yes, I am currently writing Scarlett Awakening, book 2 in the Sweet Secrets Series. I am also working on books with my writing partner and best friend, Sara. We hope to release a few more books before the year is over. All of the books that I am working on can be found on my Wattpad account (www.wattpad.com/user/TaylorMonet) or my co-writing Wattpad account (www.wattpad.com/user/StolenGlances). 


Where did the idea for your book come from?
I was a sixteen year old in high school when I first starting writing this book, so I geared it toward girls my age. I had just moved to a new school where I didn’t know many people, so I found comfort in writing.


Who was the first person you gave the book to to read? 

I posted the book on Wattpad first, but I also let my younger sister read it. She hates reading so I wanted to write something that she may like.

Do you have any advice for budding authors?
If you truly aspire to be a published author, just stick with it. Write even when you don’t want to. Look for inspiration in your daily life. Send your works to every publisher under the sun. When you are feeling down, do what I do and search the names of famous authors who were rejected multiple times before there work was accepted by a publisher. J.K. Rowling was rejected 12 times for Harry Potter, and told, “Not to quit her day job.” Look at her now!

Author links –  www.facebook.com/TayMHenderson


Limitless Publishing

 

- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign